Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a break from dealing with a stupid email phishing scam hitting our users this morning....Enjoy some random pics.

I got stupid and bought another Mustang after I swore them off when I bought a '13 SS 1LE. Put a bit of work into it and love the way it looks but losing interest in it, fast.

Sig P365. Amazing how small it is and still the mags hold 10 rounds.

XDm 3.8 9mm. Pretty nice pistol but I'm not sure I'm gonna keep it too long. I'm a huge of my M&P9 with Apex Tactical sear and striker block and want a 2.0 model now.

M&P9

Some rounds I tossed through the chrono. Around 100fps difference in rounds between the P365 and my XDm 3.8 which isn't too bad. Shooting +P is manageable but not something I would want to do a lot of.

Trip to see my best friend when he was living in Altamonte Springs, FL...our choice of restaurant for dealing with the hangovers was legit af. Some of the best pizza I've ever had! And I say that after sampling pizza from all of my travels to Chicago, NY, California and various other cities...

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Damn fine looking pie right there!

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking of pies...if you've never made a pizza in a cast iron, you should try it sometime.

Made this one for my wife and I for Valentines

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I’ll admit, a pizza made on a cast iron pan sounds awesome! I’m going to try that. I like how it’s nice a crispy.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The crisped cheese on the edges has always been my favorite part.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.40S&W was the first ammo I started loading. Went through a Steyr M40-A1 then a Glock 23 before I realized I just wasn't a fan of the round anymore. My Dad has H&K USP 40 that shoots real nice though. That said, I'd really like to try a M&P in .40 because I've heard so many good things about recoil on those compared to the other .40s in that class.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Was that decision based on plinking? For plinking, I think a 9mm is tough to beat. Ammo availability galore, low recoil and generally cheap to shoot. I do feel it is lacking in the knock-down department and consequently would not be my first choice for a carry gun... But that is not something you are generally putting a couple hundred rounds through in an outing.

Few years ago a friend and I were out shooting his 6mm BR rifle. Heavy gun, beautiful shooter, like playing with a bolt action .22LR. You could shoot it all day and even watch your impacts through the glass, lots of fun. Well, after that day I had to have my own version of a nice shooter... and of course I had to 1 up him in the process right? My choice of cal was based on OTS match ammo availability as I did not plan on loading. That also became its fatal flaw; I went with a .308. Once built, it weighed a little over 13lbs, well more than a hunting rifle of the same cal, and I figured that with a Kick-eez would calm it down enough for paperwork. Wrong. 30 rounds later the fun was gone. We went to the local range, dialed it in at 100, then you have to qualify at 300 to shoot at 500... by the time I got to the 500, I was ready to pack up and go home. No fault of the gun, it did exactly what it was supposed to do shooting under 1/2" @ 100 no problem. The performance carried out as long as I did my part. After that day, I took it out a couple more times and just lost interest. I bet theres not 100rds down the tube. Today, that same gun sits put away and I built a .223 for the same intended task. Enjoyment factor between the two is night and day.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I felt the same way. .40 was a strong caliber that carried more rounds than .45 but more power than 9mm. I loaded for plinking and defense rounds and just ended up not enjoying shooting it.

I LOVE shooting .45 and 9mm though and have stuck with 9mm for a long time now. The advancements in bullet technology are very impressive and give close ballistics to .40 but I get a few more rounds and much faster and more accurate followup shots with it. I used to be worried about 9 not being good enough but haven't felt that way in a long time.

I thought about a .308 AR but figured it would end up exactly as you described but now feel like a .300BLK would be way more fun especially suppressed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's probably very correct. Having a bigger hammer is probably a false peace of mind.

If you already have a small frame lower, the .300blk also enjoys a much cheaper price of admission. Build you a nice upper and done.

I have never fired a 308 AR. I do wonder how much recoil the buffer system is able to eat up. I don't have any friends that have one, I'm not willing to buy one off the shelf, and not willing to lay out the coin to build one just to find out I hate it. If the opportunity to try one does pop up, I'll most definitely try it out though.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Palmetto State Armory is right up the street from us and I've seen them offer killer prices on fully assembled .300BLK so I was gonna check out what they have and decide if that's good enough or just build my own.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty sure it was Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza. Their wings were pretty legit as well.

·
Vendor
11,886 Posts
My old man has an M&P40. I'm not a huge pistol guy, but that is one I'd like to have. It just feels good.
i have one also, police officer turn in. I then bought a shield 9 based solely on how the m&ps feel in the hand. I havent held all pistols but from the many, nothing fits and feels like the m&p line. They got those correct.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i have one also, police officer turn in. I then bought a shield 9 based solely on how the m&ps feel in the hand. I havent held all pistols but from the many, nothing fits and feels like the m&p line. They got those correct.

One of my favorite carry/ go to is my shield 9. Awesome gun, great how it feels, I also liked the similar size of the XDs and a glock 19. I love how the glock shoots but man that’s an ugly gun lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Love my M&P 40 compact!!! Carries well, shoots well, feels nice in my hand. Something about it, just works!
Nothing beats my S&W 1911. Nickel with the dark walnut grips. Accurate out to 100 yards shooting at a human torso sized target. I couldn’t believe the accuracy at that distance.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Love my M&P 40 compact!!! Carries well, shoots well, feels nice in my hand. Something about it, just works!
Nothing beats my S&W 1911. Nickel with the dark walnut grips. Accurate out to 100 yards shooting at a human torso sized target. I couldn’t believe the accuracy at that distance.

I have a .45 1911. That’s my other fav but mine isn’t that accurate. Good for you! Mines a Taurus. Got a great deal on it and it’s has been a great fun so far.

BTW love the car and the pizza!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts