Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to the Mustang world. I am in the process of picking out what springs to get for my GT. I am going to Road Race it a bit next year. I was thinking about the Eiback Sportlines with a camber kit. This will be my first suspension purchase. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Road Race it with just springs and shocks? What race series?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry. I ment track days. I would like to attend some track days at Road Atlanta next year. As far as shocks I want to buy the springs then save up for the shocks.

Thank you

·
Registered
428 Posts
ANY springs that will actually help your cars handling (not just "lowering springs") will be seriously underdamped by the stock struts/shocks. Your car will wallow and bounce about in any sort of transient manuver (like say...cornering). If you can only afford one upgrade right now, I'd recommend camber/caster plates and a brake refresh (definately a fluid flush w/ good fluid, rotors/pads if necessary). A "camber kit" I will assume means camber bolts or "crash bolts" as they are called. While these will give you extra camber, they will not give you the other benefits of a quality set of CC plates: easy adjustment, caster gain, and positive upper strut location.

·
Registered
271 Posts
For Road Atlanta, you really should be lookin to upgrade brake pads before any other mod. That track will eat them up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advise. I am new to this so all the info will help.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts