Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking at picking up a '96 Cobra for the wife's summer daily driver. Nice car, 30k miles and all stock save for a 1.5KB. Stock exhaust, everything. I think they run like 5 or 7 pounds of boost. How safe is this setup? Do I need to do anything to make it work? Don't care about squeezing the daylights out of it. Just need decent power and relative reliability. I know it won't be a turbo Coyote by any means. The wife doesn't like to spin them up so I think the KB will be a good fit because it should make good power down low.
Cheers,
Jon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As long as you have adequate fuel and a good tune it should be safe and reliable. If the previous owner put the blower on they prob already upped the injectors and pump and either had a custom tune or a chip for the blower. As long as you don’t up the boost it should live a long life and be reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you have adequate fuel and a good tune it should be safe and reliable. If the previous owner put the blower on they prob already upped the injectors and pump and either had a custom tune or a chip for the blower. As long as you don’t up the boost it should live a long life and be reliable.
Well I'm sure it will make adequate power. Not gonna turn it up. Might aughta have it dyno tuned just to make sure the tune up is good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check out the cars computer and see if it's the factory computer or if there is a chip piggybacking the stock computer or if there's a Megasquirt ECU. This will tell you a thing or two. The KB at 5-7 psi is a safe amount of boost for a 1.5L and should be lots of fun on the street. Enjoy your very nice Cobra!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts