Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am stuck between picking between hellion or hp twin kits anyone have any input on the two thanks guys

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do a search or two and even pick up the phone to see how you feel with the customer service.

Both kits make great power!

T

·
0 Posts
I love the way you can word your sentences to just avoid paying for advertising.

I have a friend that just did an hp setup on an 03 cobra locally and it was pretty sick. Quality looked good and made good numbers. im sure the fox kits are the same

·
4,305 Posts
I will make it even easier, HP's customer service is horrible and their quality control is often hit or miss. Some kits people say are perfect and without issue then other people have kits that do not fit well but worse have pin holes in the welds and other poor quality control issues. Tons of people online over the years have complained about HP telling them one thing on the phone then doing something completely different like saying it shipped on Monday then two weeks later actually ship it and things of that nature. The amount of complaints I have seen on Hellion kits is so few in comparisons that they could damn near be considered trivial. I'd never buy an HP kit new, now if I had a chance to buy one used that had been proven to fit properly that I might consider on any of the cars but the Fox bodies because I do not care for its layout on those.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love the way you can word your sentences to just avoid paying for advertising.

I have a friend that just did an hp setup on an 03 cobra locally and it was pretty sick. Quality looked good and made good numbers. im sure the fox kits are the same
I'm assuming HellionFox is a local (to Hellion) customer who is happy with their kit. Just because the dude has Hellion in his screenname doesn't mean he's from Hellion. I am neither Steve McQueen or employed by Ford Motor Company yet my screenname suggests one or the other (going by your assumptions). And I would tend to believe that although there are three pages of registered users referencing "procharger",very few (if any) actually work for Procharger.

But I digress, simply do a search. Turbomustangs.com has some classic stories about some turbo companies.

If I were in the market for another kit I would ask three very important questions:

What type of piping is supplied?
What type of warranty is included?
What is a realistic delivery time?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm assuming HellionFox is a local (to Hellion) customer who is happy with their kit. Just because the dude has Hellion in his screenname doesn't mean he's from Hellion. I am neither Steve McQueen or employed by Ford Motor Company yet my screenname suggests one or the other (going by your assumptions). And I would tend to believe that although there are three pages of registered users referencing "procharger",very few (if any) actually work for Procharger.
Be carefull Ford will be sueing your for your screen name since they trade marked 'bullitt'. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I have the HP. Yes it took for ever, fitment was spot on and not one sign of trouble. However another member who posts in this forum has ordered a 67mm turbo only from them and it has been over two months. He is still waiting on turbo and no word from HP.

I say this because I have thought about upgrading to a 76mm turbo through HP, but if I have to wait 3+ give or take a month, that's not going to work.

From what I have seen and heard the hellion kits are very nicely done, minimal wait time, and good customer service. What I dont like about the hellions is the part of the exhaust runs under the K-member, and that's what really turned me off from buying a hellion. I haven't hear of anybody tearing their exhaust off or scraping it, but it just didnt sit right with me.

·
Registered
48 Posts

i love how sandy your vagina is...

·
Registered
42 Posts
i cant say muchh about either since i dont own either kits but i can say i like the design of the hp kit better. the hellion kit looks cool as #### with the turbos sitting in front of the motor but that also keeps alot of heat under the hood and next to the radiator. it also looks like there is alot more piping which means more weight your adding to the car. the hp kit hides the turbos under the front bumper which is nice if you are not wanting to draw alot of attention to youself. it just looks like you have a cold air intake. im not saying either kit is bad. it just depends on what your going for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts