Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so to make a long story short, i was looking for a procharger dealer a few months ago and he was also a tuner somewhere on the east coast was giving really good pricing for hellion kits! im now selling my procharger and returning the f1r and going single gt4788 turbo now! im basically looking for someone who has good deals on kits and maybe they can throw there company name on my car! its a fully built 02 mustang ready to hit 1000 rwhp! Any good shops or dealers with decent pricing??? Thank you

Jason

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
noone offers a kit with t6 flange for a 4788. caleb at cg fab can make you one though since his are built to order. also a gt4788 isnt going to work so well with the stock exhaust manifolds

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok is there anything else I can go with to reach 1000rwhp?? I'm going to get some big Shorty headers.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
To actually make 1000whp and have it be reliable your going to spend a ton of money. I can think of $20k in parts just off the top of my head. But the actual turbo kit itself can be done by cgfabrication and will support that kind of power. You'll need a huge air/air intercooler or mount an air/water in the passenger seat

·
Registered
804 Posts
If your using the car in your sig.....80's probably wont get you to 1k rwhp.
There are plenty of companies that can help you out

Reed at turboworks
CG
CXracing
Jose at forced induction
Rusty's total performance
Quicktime

Ive talked to all these guys personally and they all can take care of you

Thats just a few...start researching there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone that replied and tried helping me out! I ended up getting a hellion twin precision 64 mm Ball bearing billet wheel kit! Kit was order through nate at rocky mountain 505-263-6825 Real cool guy, very knowledgeable and will defiantly take care of you! I also got a built th400 and now am looking for tire/wheel size combos to see how big of a tire I can fit in my 02 gt. Ill also be making a thread about my 1200hp build hope to see all you there.

Thanks again everyone and thanks corral

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I now can offer all you really good pricing on hellion kits. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
so guessing that Twin 1000RW build is still under wraps?...it's only been like 11 months

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so guessing that Twin 1000RW build is still under wraps?...it's only been like 11 months

Takes time to build a '"fully" built car. I will be going back to the dyno next week. My limiting factor is going to be my stock computer! Twin kit along ith everything else has already been installed and made 600rw on 13 lbs through a th400 and a gear vendor! That's as far as we got as I climbed into the 700rw range the fuel pressure started dropping because my prefilter was a 10 micron instead of a e85 flowing 40 micron which is the minimum for ethanol. I didn't know that until my 5th hour into my trip home or else i would of replaced the filter on the dyno. My eliminator is only good a little past that anyway. So car went back on the trailer and I ordered a cpe triple hat with 2 walbro 465's and misc fittings and a new 12an feed line and a 10an return for the power in the near future. I still need to wire up my new pumps on the ignition and the eliminator on a 10 psi hobbs switch to come on only when it sees 10+ psi. I also had a fire on the dyno due to the POS moroso evac kit which you put rubber grommets on your valve covers and install the evac kit which blows crankcase pressure into the exhaust which was a bad idea because the fumes from the e85 was dripping on the header and caused a fire. I welded AN fittings on the valve covers and will be routing lines into a catch instead of the exhaust. Its amazing how your oil smells after switching to e85. I change my oil every 1000 miles now as the e85 breaks down the viscosity of your oil and thins it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Takes time to build a '"fully" built car. I will be going back to the dyno next week. My limiting factor is going to be my stock computer! Twin kit along ith everything else has already been installed and made 600rw on 13 lbs through a th400 and a gear vendor! That's as far as we got as I climbed into the 700rw range the fuel pressure started dropping because my prefilter was a 10 micron instead of a e85 flowing 40 micron which is the minimum for ethanol. I didn't know that until my 5th hour into my trip home or else i would of replaced the filter on the dyno. My eliminator is only good a little past that anyway. So car went back on the trailer and I ordered a cpe triple hat with 2 walbro 465's and misc fittings and a new 12an feed line and a 10an return for the power in the near future. I still need to wire up my new pumps on the ignition and the eliminator on a 10 psi hobbs switch to come on only when it sees 10+ psi. I also had a fire on the dyno due to the POS moroso evac kit which you put rubber grommets on your valve covers and install the evac kit which blows crankcase pressure into the exhaust which was a bad idea because the fumes from the e85 was dripping on the header and caused a fire. I welded AN fittings on the valve covers and will be routing lines into a catch instead of the exhaust. Its amazing how your oil smells after switching to e85. I change my oil every 1000 miles now as the e85 breaks down the viscosity of your oil and thins it.
got any pics of the setup? sounds like a killer one ....:salute:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts