Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '89 is a daily driver. For some reason I don't get alot of heat when its cranked up.

I have a remote car starter and in the AM it runs for 15 mins or so with the heat on, when I get in it is a little better than outside but not warm, on real cold days it doesn't get comfortable until 10 mins of driving after 10 mins of idle.

I have the stock radiator and even have underdrive pulleys. Is there a heater control valve that might not be opening all the way or does coolant flow thru the core all the time???

·
Registered
145 Posts
My '92 stang was doing that about 2 yrs. ago and i couldn't get much heat and then had a small hole in one of my heater hoses on the back of engine where it hooks to the heater core. When I changed the hose it was the one that had the small restrictor in it and the restrictor was clogged. I replaced it with a new hose from ford that had a restrictor in it (so as not to blow out the heater core) and had instant heat!!!:D
Hope this helps......

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
My car used to have heat so hot you couldn't stand it... and now it is luke warm at best. My thermostat broke last year and I couldn't find another 190* thermostat so I stuck in a stocker... BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE!!! Now my heat barely works.. Next year once the weather starts cooling down I am going to replace that sucker before winter hits.

DOWN WITH STOCK THERMOSTATS!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stock thermostats are 195', you probably put it in backwards. Install it with spring side in and your problems will go away.

Vernon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts