Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to start a list to keep up with headswap dyno numbers.
If the info is incorrect let me know and i will change it.
Person.....................Power...........Porter .…...tune……….cams….headers......intake
T56 cars
Juiced46.............…298/310 SAE.....DTA......…..dynotune…….yes………..BBK.......stock
Desnudo01............213/273 SAE.....crackhead.....stock........no.........stock.......stock..Mustang dyno

5spd cars
98N20GT................320/323 SAE....self.....……...dynotune……Comp……..Mac.......P&P bullitt
Fresh GT............…..303/326 SAE....Powerheads...dynotune…..???……....FRPP......stock
Stroked or Blown.....303/309 SAE.....DTA......…....dynotune……SHM………..Mac.......bullitt
46stang.............…..302/327 SAE.....self..…….....dynotune…….Crane…..….BBK.....P&P bullitt
2cammer97.............301/300 SAE.....HP............dynotune.......HP.........BBK.......stock
SpringStang............296/298 SAE.....Fox Lake.....stock.........Comp......BBK.........stock
97GTLunatic...........291/301 SAE......DTA..........dynotune......yes........BBK.........stock
ra96GT..................288/296 SAE......HP......…..…stock………..…yes……...Mac........stock
ar1grdpoundr..........287/308 SAE......Fox Lake....dynotune.....Comp.....FRPP.......stock
98GTSteve..........…285/292 SAE......T Avila.……..dynotune…....yes.……FRPP........stock
snowsl..................280/294 SAE......Fox Lake..…..stock……………yes……….???........stock
stang9gt...............280/285 SAE.......none...........chip............yes.......Mac.......stock
Winters98gt........…279/314 SAE.......DTA..........…stock…………..yes……..FRPP......stock
NiagaraGlenn.........279/304 SAE.......Fox Lake.....mafterburner..Modmax....JBA......Bullitt
Diesel..................278/297 SAE.......self............mafterburner...yes......JBA........stock
PG98GT................272/296 SAE......none.……......dynotune......no...……FRPP........stock
Vetkilr..................271/302 SAE......???.......…………???…….……..no……….FRPP.......stock
Chris98.................271/289 SAE......CMP...........dynotune......yes......BBK..........stock
97TomGT..............269/306 SAE......Steen.....……stock……….….no……….FRPP........stock
Cranius.................267/302 SAE......none....………stock……………no……….BBK.........stock
98Silverstang......….267/299 SAE......Heads Up.....stock…………..no……….Mac........stock
Madi98GT..............265/300 SAE......Steen.........dynotune......no.........JBA.......stock
pony4pt6..............265/305 SAE......Steen....…....stock..........no...…...BBK........stock
Yellowman98.......….262/299 SAE.....Panhandle...…stock………...no……...FRPP........stock
gtmustang98..........260/302 SAE.....none............stock..........no........FRPP.......stock
DB96GT.................260/304 SAE.....none...........dynotune......no.........stock......stock
doug97gt.............…259/302 SAE.....Steen..…………stock…………..no………..FRPP.......stock
bierbelly.................256/292 SAE.....none.....………stock……………no……….FRPP.......stock
97MattGT...............254/297 SAE.....DTA......……..stock…….…….no………..FRPP.......stock
98Demon…………….....254/293 SAE…..none……………dynotune….….no……….stock.......stock
Saleenmustang281...251/292 SAE.....none.......…..stock………..…no……….stock........stock
BMS………………………..250/292 SAE…...???…………...dynotune……...no…..Dynomax.......stock
BlueStangGT...........250/290 SAE.....AFM.......……stock……….....no……….FRPP.......stock
Wildstang98............250/298 SAE.....none..........stock...........no........stock.......stock
NitroDuck................248/306 STD....none...........stock..........no........stock.......stock
SOHCEM.................246/290 SAE.....none...........stock..........no......stock.........stock
68Stang.................231/277 SAE.....DTA.............stock.........no.......FRPP.........stock

Auto cars
Loud98SVT............311/301 STD.....Fox Lake.…..dynotune……..yes……...Mac.......bullitt
Gideup..................258/296 SAE.....Mustg Mtrsp...chip.........stock.....stock.......stock
AndrewWOT...........243/257 SAE.....Fox Lake.……..chip..…………no……….JBA.........bullitt
98GTfromGA...........240/297 SAE.....DTA.......…..…chip…..………no………..stock......stock
MadMike................239/280 SAE.....none....……....chip…………..no……...stock.......stock
Gtbite98................236/280 SAE.....none.....…....stock….………no………..stock......stock

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like the idea, the "spreadsheet" look that Bill started and appreciate the work you did putting this together. I would like to see just one more column though. I am interested to see these numbers matched up to what type of exhaust, specifically headers (long, short, stock), mid pipe (x, h, stock), catback (muffs, brand, stock). Basically, to see what effect does the different breathing combos give to the assorted types of headswap combos. Nice job!:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
great thread, keep it going. Some advice, if at all possible, include some more mods. Cams, valves, LT's, and intake. I know it would be hard, but comparing a headswap car with cams, intake, LT's, bigger valves kind of changes the numbers. Others reading this might not have knowledge of each of these cars mods, so they might interpret the numbes without knowing what mods they have. Just an idea, Ill start

ported 99 heads
stock valves
stock cams
stock intake
frpp headers
264/299

erson cams
modmax valve springs
same mods as above, not tune
279/314

·
Registered
847 Posts
one more to the list

i got the swap also, 254hp and 293tq, 5 speed, no porting, dyno tuned.

phil

·
Registered
205 Posts
thats pretty impressive!!

there certainly is alot of info out there on all our cars, and the differences in parts/brands/tuning/tranny type really set them apart. i still am amazed that I made the power i did threw an automatic!

looking at the guys with 300+ trq, i probably would have made more had I went with shorty headers because it seems that the guys with FRPP shorties seem to make more trq then the guys with the longtubes, but i don't regret it.

FYI: i have an o/r H-pipe with the longtubes as far as exhaust setup goes (if another column for that is made)

·
Registered
441 Posts
274.6/315.7 uncorrected
264.8/304.5 corrected

Average Horsepower/Torque
220.9/285.1 uncorrected
213/274.9

This was done on a dyno jet...

Mods:
99 PI heads p/p by Steen Racing
BBK Long tube headers
BBK off-road H-pipe
Flowmaster Cat-back

What do you think???do you underdrive pullies, 90mm Lightning Mass Air, and throttle body would give at least another 10 rwhp???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
mine needs to be changed to tune/chip...yes, and headers...bbk. :D i'd be curious to see what mine would pick up with U/D pullies and a 70 mm tb.

marcus

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can add me to your list. All my mods are in the sig. I just dynoed it today.

Rich

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hocke0233 said:
anyone notice this...Cars with STEEN porting is avg over 300TQ Damn :evil:
And so are the DTA ported cars. So what? Does his thread really tell us anything? There is more to a car's performance than who ported the heads. Not enough info to be useful, IMO.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i am running the stock pi cams and the manifolds off my 98, hopefully some lt's soon.

phil

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
WOW! that's a great list John, and definitely will help out us 96-98 guys. You've gone that extra step and on behalf of everyone i'd like to say thank you.

Also, it's good to see my name is above stroked or blown, where it should be. :cool:

:evil:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts