Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so many of us drive a car, some of us also have pickup trucks. I drive my '93 coupe daily and as most of us know by now, it's dark in the evenings. I get off work at 530 central and it's almost pitch dark when I leave, so the 20 minute commute home is usually a slow-ish ride, dodging deer, turkey, tonight a wild hog and last night some coyotes, while driving 50mph on the highway. Anyway, my challenge is one of other drivers and car/trucks. Mostly the trucks. I hope some of you can relate to this and maybe we can put our heads together for some kind of solution.

Oncoming cars, specifically the later model stuff are coming with LED headlamps, and some of them are HID projectors. Well as you know, if you're the driver of said vehicle you love them because you can see better than non-projector HID's/incandescent's. But as a driver of a small car (my coupe), I am finding it harder to see in the dark with oncoming cars blaring their LOW-BEAM LED's and projectors. The LED's are too intense all the time, and the projectors aren't as bad BUT, our roads here pretty much suck, so if a projector-equipped truck or SUV is bouncing down the road, I get that blinding flashing kinda stuff, which blinds me like no tomorrow. Heaven forbid someone forgets to turn their high beams off, which happens all the time, seems like people forget how to drive or something.

A big gripe I have is the guys with the pickup trucks that "level" them, then don't readjust the headlights to compensate. TON'S of the chevy guys do that around here I reckon because they're lower in the front and it looks "weird". I dunno-I don't have one, and don't plan to anytime soon since my F250 is bone stock and works fine (for now).

I don't have much problem on the freeways because of the median, not unless a blinding driver is directly behind me in a lifted or leveled pickup. But it's the 2-lane back highways that bother me, and that's mostly what I drive to/from work since there's really no other way to get there/home than rent a helicopter...

Any of y'all have issues like I do with blinding oncoming traffic?

·
11,039 Posts
Thanks for reminding me... I've got to reaim my passenger side light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts