Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has already been discussed anywhere, (I couldn't find anything on the topic but....) Does anyone know where to get (or if they even make) headlight covers or "blackouts" for an 07 GT500!?!? I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find any! All I can find is the "film" or "tint" which I DON'T want because I need to be able to take them on & off frequently. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've had the same problem with my '08 GT500 for 2 years now. Our front end and headlights are unique to the GT500 and no headlight covers exist that I know of either. I have just about every other light replaced on mine with smoked aftermarket ones but never found anything but tint films for our model. I recently bought some smoked static-cling film at home depot to make my own so I can remove them and I have a piece of smoked plexiglass I might try to use to make my own someday. When the '05 GT first came out someone had even made auto-tinting headlights/covers just like eyeglasses do but never heard of those again either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just talked to a lady from Lund international, (because it says on their website that they DO have them for an 07 GT500) but she said that was a mistake. I also asked her why nobody ever made them for 07-09 GT500'S and she said it was "because the mold is CRAZY expensive to make & there just wasn't a big enough demand for them!" So like you said Outlaw347, it looks like all of us with 07-09 GT500'S are stuck either having to use the film, or tint, or make something ourselves! Well if you (or anyone else ever hears of someone actually carrying them let me know asap PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
35,487 Posts
Could you do a tinted vinyl film? Lay over for shows and just peel it off when you don't want it on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts