Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running a stock motor with boost from a 62-1 ...... car already has arp head bolts.

im looking to see what a good or what the best headgasket would be for a stock motor set up.

I need to get some today and replace them tonight , due to a boost controller malfunction yesterday :shakehead

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What HG's were you using before? I'm using Fel-pro 8548PT-2's w/ARP head studs on my stock motor, 60mm turbo setup running 9psi.
Just got mine running 2 days ago and haven't test drove it yet, so I can't say they'll hold up or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Commetic gaskets, head over to your local Dodge dealer and ask them for a can of the spray on gasket they use on the SRT Neon's. Coat the heads and block let stand for .5hr and install.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Commetic gaskets, head over to your local Dodge dealer and ask them for a can of the spray on gasket they use on the SRT Neon's. Coat the heads and block let stand for .5hr and install.
Does that spray make up for a less than perfect surface on the head and block?
Erich

·
Registered
9 Posts
If there are minor imperfections it will help but it will not fix a bad machining job especially under boost. If memory serves the surface finish should be 55 Ra or better. I think it runs around $20 to $30 a can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You still need to ues a head gasket. The Dodge camp used it because the SRT neons kept poping head gaskets under boost this stuff help solve the problem.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wouldn't bother with any of that stuff. Felpro 8548pt-2 or 9333pt-1 will work fine with a good tune. I know people that are running these gaskets with 18-20 psi running 9's with no issues.

·
Registered
432 Posts
How much does that stuff cost?

I'd not invest a ton of money in the "best" headgasket solution with stone stock heads but that is just me.
Part # 04318035 Mopar gasket sealant
Retail price $12.30

I am a tech at Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealership.

Brian

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i believe im going to go with a 9333, i def want the gasket to pop before a piston does if this happens again.

boost will be limited between 10-14psi.

not sure what gaskets were on there , i didnt do the origional build .

thanks guys

·
Registered
883 Posts
i am using the fel pro.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well got everything back together for the most part lastnight , just need to put all the turbo parts back on and fire her up tonight .

hopefully all continues to go well.....

anyone know where to buy stiffer springs for the wastegate ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts