Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advise....Would 1 5/8 headers be too small for a Dart 347 or 363 with a 76mm turbo?...

·
4,309 Posts
Lots of train of thought on this with headers. Many experienced people I talked to said that it actually is good to not be giant in tube sizing so that it helps the velocity of the air into the turbo. I think you will be fine, plenty of examples out there to support my gut feeling on this.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Need some advise....Would 1 5/8 headers be too small for a Dart 347 or 363 with a 76mm turbo?...
I talked to brian @ BG turbo's the other day, he said they have 8.2 deck cars going over 1K hp on 1 5/8 headers..... do you plan to run full accessories on your car?

im looking to do the same thing, but would like to keep AC/PS and was wondering if there was a set of headers a guy could flip, and make work.....

·
4,309 Posts
Inventive people have flipped shorties and made setups that let them retain the AC and P/S . I am not all that sold that doing the flipped shorties saves someone a significant amount of money over buying some pre-fabbed headers or at least one pre-fabbed.

It does seem like though for the ones that go the route of flipped shorties that they have an easier time meeting their goals via doing a pair of turbos over a single. It seems like the building of the crossover tube for the single turbo setup is what gets them into a bind. My comment on this is simply based upon the many DIY builds I have read about online.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I talked to brian @ BG turbo's the other day, he said they have 8.2 deck cars going over 1K hp on 1 5/8 headers..... do you plan to run full accessories on your car?

im looking to do the same thing, but would like to keep AC/PS and was wondering if there was a set of headers a guy could flip, and make work.....
My car has 1 5/8 primaries on an 8.2 block and makes about 1000 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Alternator and electric pump but there wouldn't be any issues with fitting them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts