Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 86 gt with a AJE k member and a 4r70w transmission. I am currently running BBK shorties and they work fine. But I've had the itch for long tubes recently. Last time I had long tubes(cheap flowtech) the car was stock k member, aod, cooked the stock starter, took hours of painstaking labor to install, and ended up cutting them to get them off since I was so sick of them. So what my question is, is there any long tube header that would work for my application that would fit worth a ####?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
I guess the question is, do you NEED long tubes, or are you just looking for a different sound, easier to change spark plugs, like to drag #### on the ground?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have bbk long tubes on my 85 and haven't had an issue with the starter or clearance issues. I am although running a T5. I do believe that bbk makes a set for automatic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont NEED longtubes, but I would really like the sound of longtubes. also, i have a 331 with a nice top end so i want it to breathe as much as possible, and id imagine longtubes would help out some.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use the Mac 1-3/4 longtubes on my 89 with 4R70W and aftermarket K-member. Definitely tight.
this just gave me some confirmation. thank you. i just ordered the MAC 1 3/4 long tubes along with the 3'' prochamber for auto. and i already have the 3'' MAC pro dumps. looking forward to hearing the new setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts