Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my hot side apart to adress some leaks. I'm checking the flange to make sure it's straight and going to use copper RTV instead of gaskets. My question is what bolts or studs are you guys using for the header flange? I figured studs would be nice to help from getting RTV everywhere but not sure the nuts will work with the On3 headers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had studs with regular shorty headers, but I wouldn't get the header to fit with the on3 kit. Had to use bolts, and ended up going with the stage 8 locking. Never had a leak after using them plus RTV for the gasket.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were you able to use the locking tab things too?

·
Registered
778 Posts
i bought some studs but the nuts wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Dad has an extra set of locking header bolts that I'll use. Any tips for when putting bolting the header on to keep from getting RTV everywhere?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
just take your time, get the end bolts partially threaded, then partially thread the rest, don't tighten any single bolt all the way until the rest are close as well. takes like 8 stages of tightening but it'll work in the end. lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were you able to use the locking tab things too?
I just saw your name is 99gt, mine was the 302 kit. So my bad.

My current car is a 89 Fox. The 99 GT was my first car and when I created my account. I guess that is a little misleading now, haha! Anyways, thanks for the advice on the headers. I checked mine with a straight edge across the flange and neither is straight. Going to find somehwere local to take them soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts