Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says I'm headed back to the dyno Saturday w/my turbo combo.
9:1 comp.
Scat rods
Mahle pistons
Anderson b31
GT-40 y302's (ported to a 1262 intake)
GT-40 intake (port matched lower)
LMaf
70mm tb
On3 turbo
255 pump
60lb injectors
SCT chip
Etc...
I'm only planning on running 8-10lbs. I've got a base tune in the chip Right now just to get it going. I've driven it a little and have seen 10+lbs. That bothers me a little. I just installed a turbosmart boost T. What's everybody's thoughts on power?

Thanks
Corey

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Over 400 HP...to the rear tires...:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
What shop you taking it to?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I would get a turbo blanket or move that MSD box the turbo get really hot...

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's a hell of a lot of torque ! Are you running the lmaf draw or blow? Lightning maf should worth a bit more hp

·
Registered
113 Posts
He's blow through. I said the same thing that the MAF shoulda took more. His boost was also uncontrollable, it has the factory knockoff on3 waste gate with a turbonetics boost tee. The manual boost controller made no difference whatsoever. We are going to try my old on3 WG with some new tial springs and the MAFIA and see what happens. When that car made 510 tq it was still climbing, hard. Any opinions are welcome right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well running the lmaf blow through probably making it cut short. So that extender should help. Car should make great power that torque is gonna be hard to match if y'all can get it to the ground :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah I hope it works out. He had a pmas and the lmaf on hand when I got time to choose a meter. The shop he tunes at said use the lmaf, then today when he got there they acted like it was a big deal and that they didn't want him to use it. We'll see what happens next time. All that torque, traction may be the next issue.

·
Registered
223 Posts
352hp 510trq at 12lbs. We ran outta maf at 3500. Parts are on order for retune
I just saw this thread and was actually going to ask about your Lightning MAF. I was running one on my previous supercharger setup but had to add a Diablo MAFia to break over 500whp. I've now upgraded to a Slot Style HPX MAF but I do have my Diablo for sale cheap ($90) in the classifieds. But with over 500wtq, you prolly need something even bigger than that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm only planning to run 8-10lbs. I had the 8lb spring in it and on the first pull it hit 18lbs!!! I have a turbosmart boost T and during the pulls it was turned all the way down. I'm gonna use wormriddles old waste gate w/a 11lb. spring. I'm confused why I had the boost spike like I did. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Corey

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We put the 5-6lb spring in it and it made 12lbs. I then blocked off the vaccum source from the turbo to the wg to try and run on spring pressure alone. It made 12lbs again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been reading about people removing the ball and spring from their boost t to prevent spiking. Has anyone seen or done this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you remove your manual boost controller and your still spiking I would think your wg is in a bad location if your running the wastegate with only the bottom vacuum to your compressor or intake, you should get lower boost readings then your spring size.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts