Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know which head gaskets to run on steel heads.....I tried the FMS composite gaskets. Lasted for a month. Just installed Felpro 9333's I think there the old graphite style, They blew out around one of the water jackets and was leaking into the block. Im going to get the heads all checked out. Wanna know which will be good for gt40p heads..Until I get "real" heads.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'd guess that you have a tune problem or a slightly warped head.

Get the heads surfaced. Install them with your ARP studs and felpro 9333pt1 gaskets. Install the smallest (4-5 psi) spring and make sure your tune is spot on. Install a manual boost controller and use it to increase your boost a little at a time. Keep a close eye on your AFR guage to make sure you are not going lean under boost.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd guess that you have a tune problem or a slightly warped head.

Get the heads surfaced. Install them with your ARP studs and felpro 9333pt1 gaskets. Install the smallest (4-5 psi) spring and make sure your tune is spot on. Install a manual boost controller and use it to increase your boost a little at a time. Keep a close eye on your AFR guage to make sure you are not going lean under boost.
X2, until you get a/f around 11.0-11.5 under boost, 18-20* on timing, check the block deck when your heads are off, with a 9333pt1 ive seen .002 out on deck, seal with a freshly cut head, been their done this several times on 8.2 deck

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I ran the 8548PT2 gaskets.. almost same as the 9333's just a different fire ring.. pretty sure the 9333's are a bit "tougher" so I went with the weakest gasket I could... rather the gasket let go then a piston.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts