Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Hawk blues too aggressive for an 2hr drive each way too the track? As in will this be damaging to the rotors? If so, what do you guys recommend for use in this situation?
The most aggressive track pad that won't hurt my rotors excessively? I will be using these with a dedicated set of rotors.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
They're brutal on rotors when they're not up to track temps. Very abrasive when cold. Either swap pads once you get there, or run a more rotor-friendly but still high performance pad like a Carbotech XP8 or XP10 to get you there and back without eating rotors. How heavy is the car, how much power, and what kind of tires?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3400lbs, 360rwhp and 380ft/lb, Kumho XS 275/35/18 up front.
I was considering the carbotechs. Which would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Probably the 10's. I run 8's and have never faded them but I'm running a lot less power

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Hawk also has newer compounds that don't chew up rotors when cold and perform better on track, too. I've run the DTC70s and DTC60s on my CTS-V without issue. I did 3 track days spread over a week, with hundreds of highway miles in between, and just left the track pads in there.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Ditto, I run the DTC70s and DTC60s on my Mustang. But I do trailer the car from Detroit to VIR... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts