Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

On my corvette forum I am part of a group buy for a set of long tube headers for my Corvette. So I happen to be browsing the website of the manufacture. I checked to see what they had for Mustangs.

I seen this kit Mustang Dual Turbo Kit, Ford Turbo Kits, XS Power Inc.

It seems super cheap. It’s amazing regardless of quality they can sell and ship it that cheap, but jeez if you bolt it on and it “works” it’s going to make power, and be super cheap. I just don’t know the limits and how long it would last. Has anyone seen one of these kits in action? I already have a turbo kit I am VERY happy with but I wanted to share.
1. Internal waste gates
2. Smaller “looking intercooler”
3. I don’t see the exhaust cross over stuff?
4. I don’t see specs on anything, turbo size and what not.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had, or I should say still have, that kit. It was talked about a few years ago and was kind of the generic "Ebay turbo kit". There is no crossover pipe as it's a twin kit. It actually had some good qualities. The headers, at least in my experience, didn't crack and the flanges were really thick and bolted up without issue and didn't leak. The bad is 1 of the turbos started leaking oil after a few months, likely due to crappy seals. The intercooler design seemed really inefficient. The placement of the turbos didn't work with accessories in the stock location. Downpipes had to be fabricated and, on my car at least, the drivers DP had to be like 2" to clear the brake booster. I still have the kit sitting on a shelf. I'd use it again if I were to put it on like a drag only car, or something totally custom.

·
Registered
864 Posts
iirc, xs power had a terrible reputation years ago for cracking headers and turbos that fell apart. Dont know if thats changed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts