Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 68 mustang with a 393/tko in it but if I were going to do it again I would seriously consider an ls-series motor. You can get a complete engine with a t-56 for less than a 393 engine build. The engine comes with good aluminum heads, and aluminum block, and can easily make 500hp with just headers and a cam. A stand alone computer with harness is $800.00 new. They have a 6700rpm redline in stock trim, and you start with 376 cu in. I can't think of anything in a ford powerplant that competes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i'd love to pick up a pull out 5.7 & 6 speed from a 4th gen carb it and stick it in my car but I've got way too much tied up in blue oval stuff at this point.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
he only did that conversion because the f body camaro in his back yard are the gayest things around!!! i like the car hate the motor

·
Registered
248 Posts
I love the car of course, and the engine combination, just not together. I'd love to have just about any classic chevy with that combo in it, but in a foxbody it just isn't right.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That car looks redicuously gay with the ground effects on it. The sonoco hood looks good though.
I sold my 94 afr headed 396 4th gen right before building my lx so I'm a big camaro fan but u can't force style on people.
I also like that the ls1 is more sbf than it is Gen 1 sbc

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Love the car, hate the fact that there is a LS1 in it.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I actually think the 98-02 Camaros look better with the GFX. I used to like the way the 98-02 Camaros look......but now I hate them, the 98-02 Trans Am is good, interior sucks on all fourth gens though. I like the 93-97 Camaro front end, but hate the 93-97 firebird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts