Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm chasing down multiple hack jobs on my 93 LX hatchback. The latest one is the third brake light. It is not working, and come to find out the bulbs and pigtail connector for this are missing. Then I found this nice bundle of wires at the top driver side of the hatch has been cut. I'm assuming power and ground for that 3rd brake light is in here and I think power is supposed to be the red/lt green wire. But... none of these wires are hot with my car running and brake pedal depressed. The fuse is good and my taillights and license plate lights work as expected. Could the brake switch have something to do with this even though the left and right brake lights are good? Aside from these wires being cut somewhere else I'm not sure what else to check.

·
Registered
22,403 Posts
SEEING how the brake lights are tied together, turn signal and license plate has nothing to do with the third brake light

the brake light circuit is hot all the time

step on the pedal, make sure the other brake lights are one, and probe the cut wires with a test light

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SEEING how the brake lights are tied together, turn signal and license plate has nothing to do with the third brake light

the brake light circuit is hot all the time

step on the pedal, make sure the other brake lights are one, and probe the cut wires with a test light
That's exactly what I did. Maybe I rambled too much. No signal on any of those wires with brake pedal depressed. Other brake lights working fine. Fuses good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts