Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had Steeda Pullies Installed -- Have 2 Quick Questions

My mechanic had some trouble getting the crank pully torqued. I put the car in fifth, and applied the brake, and then he torqued the bolt. The above was done at the discrecion of the mechanic.

1) Will this damage my tranny?

2) I had a CES light flashing on the way home from the install...is this normal? I reset the computer for an hour and all appears well now. I just wanted to verify.

Thanks.
~Darren

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
It will not hurt the transmission, and it is normal to have to put the car in 5th and set the parking brake to keep the crank from turning while torqueing the crank bolt.

He DID final torque the stock bolt and not the long Steeda bolt, right?

I have no idea why the SES light came on. If it is out now, don't worry about it.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, thanks for the response...

Yes, it was the stock bolt.

Actually, the stock bolt piled, and then stripped when we tried to reinstall it. It appeared to be tightening and accepted the torque. When we fired up the car, there was a strange sound on the crank pully and then we investigated to find that it was stripped, and was very difficult to get out. We re-tapped the opening, and then installed a Grade 3 steel bolt and it went it perfectly. All seems right now, and there is a SOTP increase.

I just wanted some feedback from experienced people, like yourself.

Thanks again,
~Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts