Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
im actually using a 302 kit on my 351. I had to modify the DP some, but thats it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Performance is good (surprisingly) lets see....had to relocate the alt,had to also shorten my cross over, DP didnt fit good do to it was bent improperly,unnessary hole was cut into my bay due to wrong instructions,horrible customer service. Guess all the on3 nut swingers will come on here and bash me and stand behind chad as well as chad will say im lying. If you havent bought a kit i would advice you to go else where not waste the money for on3.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm running the 351w kit.... sorta.... Turbo / Wastegate were bad.. We had to cut reweld 3 flanges. At least I am able to use the hot / coldside pipe kit :) Went with a turbonetics TC78 and a Synapse WG. Going with a better intercooler also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had my on3 351w kit sense last December. Just about ready to install.

Travis

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Any issues with the downpipe? I am going to do the same when I get my 351 finished.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
yes, i had to add a ~4inch piece to the downpipe up by the turbo. also i redid all of the cold side piping... so i cannot speak for that. I didnt like how every cold pipe crossed/ ran next to a hot pipe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes, i had to add a ~4inch piece to the downpipe up by the turbo. also i redid all of the cold side piping... so i cannot speak for that. I didnt like how every cold pipe crossed/ ran next to a hot pipe.

Do you think the cold side would have worked running it the original way?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Slo89:

You migth want to reduce the 90* coming off the throttle body...you want less of a severe bend than that.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Slo89:

You migth want to reduce the 90* coming off the throttle body...you want less of a severe bend than that.
there isnt exactly much space, but that was my old cold pipe.. this is what i have now.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Do you think the cold side would have worked running it the original way?
No i dont think it would clear the downpipe. See how high up the turbo sits? Now i run HP heads and those have 3/4" raised exhuast ports but my engine is also dropped 1.25" and there still isnt enough space to clear over the top of the DP.

Even if i still had a 8.2 deck engine i would route my cold side the way i did. Not one single cold pipe crosses/runs along a hot pipe, with exception to my header on the driver side, but there is a good amount of distance between those two pipes.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Slo89:

Can you show us how your cold side is ran through the inner fender ( if your fender is off ) and down to your inter-cooler.

Thanks

Nice to see you fixed that 90* bend....It could have cause all kinds of problems.:salute:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
it is a bunch of inefficient bends lol... but i will try to get a picture for ya.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I plan on redoing the cold side in aluminum piping soon, and when i do i will eliminate 1 of the 90* bends in the inner fender area.

When i did my piping this way all i had available to me was the existing On3 pipes, which is why i routed them the way i did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts