Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know darrin made 370 on his pure street car. I'm just curious if that intake maxes out around that hp

any of you guys with 331s or 347s make more than that?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROG30Y said:
theres one guy on here that made 390 something with a 331 and this intake ported i just dont remmember his name.
thanks

hows that 347 coming?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
engine is running well,just found out i had a fuel pressure problem it would drop from 48 to 30 between 5500 and 5800 so it should make over 400 with no other changes.

dont you have an rpm intake on your car,is it ported or not?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROG30Y said:
engine is running well,just found out i had a fuel pressure problem it would drop from 48 to 30 between 5500 and 5800 so it should make over 400 with no other changes.

dont you have an rpm intake on your car,is it ported or not?
yeah i have an rpm setup on my 351w...it is ported...the lower flowed about 272 cfm after the porting was done.......my heads on the intake side flow 300 cfm though so the intake may be choking it off some

I'm planning a custom cam swap so i'm hoping to see around 370 rwhp and like 400 rwtq :evil:

are you running any kind of powerpipe (4 inch etc...?)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i do run a homemade 4" pipe.have you thougth about taking some runner length out of that intake,its longer than the regular one for the 302 because of the lower.i wouldnt be afraid to take a couiple inches out of it.also i have an rpm at the house that i am working on.there is alot of room to make the runners bigger,the one im porting will almost match a 1262 gasket all the way through when its done.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Why not switch to the tfs 351 intake? Jimmc is over 400rwhp with that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
N2O88 said:
Why not switch to the tfs 351 intake? Jimmc is over 400rwhp with that.
I'm considering that actually.....the cam i have specced out is designed with my current intake in mind...If i get that intake the cam specs will need to change

it just depends if i can find a good deal on a TFS.......I used to run a TFS actually way back when and it never really made much power with the unported TFS heads and 9:1 compression......now i wish i would have kept it :mad:

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think streetpower331 was the guys name that made 380 or so with the Eddy intake. He did in fact do some work to it. I dont remember if he took 1" off or not but I know he did shorten it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
aaronc on here made 340rwhp with his 306 with the regular performer 5.0 intake. custom hitech cam, AFR165's with 2.02 intake valves

1 - 11 of 11 Posts