Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air filter is really small and cramped up under hood so what about copying off the supercharger and run a air filter in fender and a tube from air filter to turbo so your not drawing in hot air?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thats exactly what i did. The way i designed my setup required that i put the air filter in the fender. It works good for me. 4" aluminum pipe to a BIG filter.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yes. Without inner fenders mine got filled with road grime within weeks.

ks

Reactions: ACJ

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I have inner fender liners. I have a bigger turbo now than the picture, and I cannot fit a safely sized air filter in that area. My car is well over 1200 RWHP now, so the turbo sucks a lot of air. I have my turbo mounted here:

When I run it open to suck engine air, everything gets dirty in the inlet. Even the turbo impeller.

When I box it off, so it only gets air out of the fender cut, it stays much cleaner. The ET does not change a noticeable amount.

Just be sure you do not restrict the inlet. When I add a wide mesh screen on the turbo inlet, I notice a severe reduction of boost and increase in IAT. In my car, any restriction is worse than drawing from warmer engine compartment air.

Reactions: boostup89
1 - 5 of 5 Posts