Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recurring problem where when I take a hard right-hand turn on a road-course with less than 2/3 tank of fuel the engine cuts out. I'm assuming the baffles in the gas tank are not doing their job, is this a fair assumption? Any other ideas before I get a new tank?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Is this a stock OEM setup? Fuel injected or carbed? I would think that if its got an intank pump in a stock tank that 2/3 of tank would not result in lack of fuel. However, if you have altered parts.... Need more information

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock OEM, fuel injected. I suspected a weak pump getting tired after too much lapping but last time I was out I filled the tank when it started cutting and the problem went away.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, I would say weak pump or broken baffling. It could be that the high level of fuel is keeping the pump cooler. Pumps start going when they get hot. But it only happens under turning? Maybe the pump assembly is loose?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, only under turning. I will probably end up just replacing both the pump and tank at the same time so I don't have to pull it out twice. I just find it weird that it cuts out with so much fuel in there still, regardless of if the baffles are broken or not, and was curious if anyone else ever had the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts