Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with hardblock on the street. I can't afford to build an aftermarket block setup and I have plenty of 5.0 blocks laying around. I have heard that half filling wouldn't be a problem but id like to do a full fill up to the bottom of the water pump holes. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is this gonna be a race car?? whats your plans for this car... the more you fill the less coolant will be going thru the block...you will have cooling issues...to say the very least...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well I know it wont help the block from spliting but it does help a bit around the cylinders. I also have heard guys running nice and cool withe hard block. At the bottom of the pump. I think your best bet is getting a good machine job so you'll have the least amout of vibration.
Any of those blocks pre 72?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its not a race car. As of now its an all stock 95 cobra with just arp studs and an on3 kit that I I drive it everyday. I was planning on using a 5.0 block but I do have a 70 302 block. I am mainly conserned with cooling. I have heard that a half fill doesn't affect the cooling much. I have also personally seen round track cars that have been full hard blocked not run any hotter than without but they had oil coolers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts