Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started my car this morning just installed my built motor that only has 17 miles on it and i here a crazy noise i turn it off instantly and open my door and see this :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:

so i jack it up and see this :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

thank god nothing was hurt. so has this happen to any of you? What filters do you run?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Believe it or not I had a wix race filter do that.I had just switched from Fram because of what everybody was telling me.I changed the oil that afternoon, later on I left the house, was about a 1/2 mile down the road and I look at my mirror an see a plume of smoke behind me.I pull over thinking I'm a dumba** and forgot to tighten the filter and look under the car to see the bottom split about 3" around.I still use the Wix though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never seen a filter do that. Is that some type of extension on top of the filter?The filter just looks weird.
Nope no extension on it. It looks like it bubbled the top and then split the side lol. I have no clue. It's crazy I used fram as well then I got the motor. was told don't use fram use ford. lol well WTF first one I use and look what I get lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
It scares me you just mentioned melling, because in the post "it finally made it down the track" which I posted the other day in this forum.The problem we had with my brothers car, was a year ago we had the oil pump fail on the dyno,pump bypass failed and we lost oil to the top of the motor and basically f***** the top of the motor.Had to roller bearing a new dart block, cam was fried, bent pushrods,cam bearings vaporized etc.Luckily we had a good tuner and he shut the car down before it totaled the whole motor.Motor has a billet pump in it now.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Could you have possibly over tightened the filter?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts