I was a little surprised that it bricked it but super happy that they were so helpful and were able to dial into it the same day I put in the inquiry.I wonder how much computer hardware I've had to replace due to "updates"? Oh, that brand new printer doesn't have drivers for the newest Windows platform, sorry you're SOL! Best to just not think about it, hehehe.
Will the 2 gasket trick not solve the header issue?
Not a chance on the double gaskets, we are talking major interference here, something I didnt even notice when I slapped them on, I didnt think I needed to in all honesty.
Got home last night from work and had an hour to kill so I tore into the Passenger side to see if my hunch was correct...
I had no options and I was not going to grind on the head so flap disc to the rescue....bummer that they were ceramic coated.
Drivers side impact points.....Ill tear this **** apart tomorrow night and get it ground down and back together.
If it wasnt for the stage 8 locking fasteners, would have been a much easier job, still not terrible though.
I also replaced the Mr.Gasket stuff with Remflex gaskets. I have had awesome luck with them sealing in the past, even on less than stellar quality headers and sealing surfaces, they are a thicker gasket than most others and dont need a ton of torque.
If this thing runs well I might think of doing some proper headers on it and ditch these but Ill try this setup out first and make sure that its leak free and I can get the tune buttoned up.
Small steps forward...Would be awesome if the WB2 showed up this week and we could get the tune all happy, might be time for a test around the block soon!!! 3 weeks till autocross.....time is now ticking.