Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys thoughts on the h&r super race spring? Been doing research but can't find anything. I know they are pretty stiff but do they handle well around corners? And do you guys know what's there equ spring rate on a coilover?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Conventional front springs suck ass, avoid at all costs. I used to have 1000#/in. front springs. Switched to 300 #/in. coilovers and the car handled better AND rode much, much better.

IIRC, H&R Super Race front springs are 950-1050 #/in. An equivalent coilover would be 250 #/in., which is pretty soft for any sort of serious auto-xing or track days, imo.

Read:
Matching spring rates with dampers
Damper Selection for Coil-over Springs

What's your goal for the car? What does it weigh? Tires? What struts do you have? What rear suspension?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my buddies car actually and he got the eibach strut and shock kit. Camber plates and maximum Motorsports control arms. For tires he has some old continental he really wants to get toyo r888 all the way around tho. And has cobra brakes with hawk pads. And mm xl subframe connectors and 4 point roll cage. He just want some a good canyon car and something he can take to the track this summer nothing to crazy just wants something he can have fun with on track days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts