Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MM Panhard bar and will likely have a torque arm soon. Does the awesome GT500 rear cover fit? That nice big heat sink with fill and drain holes looks like a fantastic upgrade for my 90'

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
It fits the TA and PHB just fine. Where you'll run into interference is a factory-style swaybar. I can't speak to the MM swaybar's fit with that cover, but you'll need to drill new mounting holes in the LCA's to shift any factory-type swaybar rearward about an inch to clear the cover. Of course this also changes the bar's effective rate, but it's all a compromise LOL.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It fits the TA and PHB just fine. Where you'll run into interference is a factory-style swaybar. I can't speak to the MM swaybar's fit with that cover, but you'll need to drill new mounting holes in the LCA's to shift any factory-type swaybar rearward about an inch to clear the cover. Of course this also changes the bar's effective rate, but it's all a compromise LOL.
Thanks. I'll hold off on that then. I'm tearing the ass end apart to fix the horrible play in the clutch packs I was experiencing that we talked about.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
You will have to mill a lot of material off of the diff cover and pound on the spare tire well a fair amount. If you don't do this, the car's bump travel will be restricted about 2". When the gear cover does hit the spare tire well, it will crack open, dumping all of the gear oil onto the ground.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Jack does the TA performance 1806 cover fit with the panhard bar on an 1988?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Yes, but the 1806A may not fit depending on how the PHB was installed. I would always use the 1806B version as it will interfere with the spare tire well the least.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Are most people using the factory 8.8 stamped cover? I picked up a TA Perf. cover, didn't even think about researching if there would be a clearance issue.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm running the MM rear suspension:T/A, PHB, adjustable sta-bar. I'm also running the LPW low profile cover. It clears all the MM components. The closest is the adjustable sta-bar. Can't use a gasket - won't clear; have to use RTV which is fine with me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interested in which finned covers clear the spare tire well. I think I could figure out which ones clear the PHB through searching, but I've never read much info about clearing the body of the car.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Pretty similar to mine, which is about 3.750" from the mating face to the top of the milled area. So it clears the spare tire well OK? I mean, if I have to do some milling to the face, it wouldn't be the end of the world, I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts