Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What's to stop you, beside ethics, from having an ignition switch that changes between a "dyno timing" setting and a "race timing" setting. Would be easy to hide in the car and you could flip the switch before rolling off the track into impound.

Yeah. It's "cheating". But didn't someone say cheating is winning or it's only cheating if you get caught? LOL

But hey the no variance for weather conditions when dynoing part is BS, so..... if they want to operate under BS rules, why be so tied to said rules?
The unfair advantage

·
Old timer
5,804 Posts
FWIW I seem to recall Maximum Motorsports, when running in American Iron, would crimp their tailpipe with pliers until the HP was in spec.
Reverse cut-outs... 😆😂🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
the simple way is to reduce the air in the rear tires and strap down hard to dyno,,that will do it. then return the air press before race

·
Registered
19 Posts
You dyno results make me happy. Last year I put together a GT40P short block with Edelbrock Performer 5.0 Heads a B303 Edelbrock F4B 1406 and TriY's . My goal was to match the performance claim of Fords B303 crate boss @345Hp. Ford Performance Mustang 302 CI 345 HP Boss Crate Engine w/ B303 Camshaft M-6007-X302B - Free Shipping For less than 1500 bucks VS the 7or 8 K they want for the crate
Your dyno claim @273RWHP when converted on this calculator comes in @341 Crank HP
I don't have local access to any dyno
BCAM-HEADER.jpg

·
11,065 Posts
the simple way is to reduce the air in the rear tires and strap down hard to dyno,,that will do it. then return the air press before race
Wouldn't that increase the measured torque for all rpms, and thus HP goes up?
(Not arguing, I just want to know)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
This won't work as he can be dyno'd at anytime immediately after a race.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sur this goes without saying......but......if you run a heavier oil, make sure you get it up to temp before you hammer down the throttle.

Do they let you dyno before the race to make sure you are within spec?
[/QU
This won't work as he can be dyno'd at anytime immediately after a race.
restrictor plate will work, throttle limiter also. I thought advancing the cam would bring the power band lower and give you more low end torque which would be useable. the top end power would be less HP. and the middle would be more but not above the max. Why wouldn't you want the most power across the whole rpm range and not detune it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I race in NASA Spec E30. When we need to drop a few HP, we just put some tape over the airbox inlet. Just have to experiment with how much you need. Nice part is it kills HP, but not peak TQ.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
restrictor plate will work, throttle limiter also. I thought advancing the cam would bring the power band lower and give you more low end torque which would be useable. the top end power would be less HP. and the middle would be more but not above the max. Why wouldn't you want the most power across the whole rpm range and not detune it.
Not sure why you quoted me. What am I missing?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts