Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I got everything wired up and sprayed with the 150 pills car loved it!
Was spraying at 1050-1100 psi 12 degrees timing

I'm gonna come down to 10 degrees and spray the 200
Since I have the Progressor I wanted to start at around 60% then ramp up to the 200 would that be wise? 60% being around a 120 shot. Plate is only capable of above 150.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts

Since I have the Progressor I wanted to start at around 60% then ramp up to the 200 would that be wise? 60% being around a 120 shot. Plate is only capable of above 150.
try it and see...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Will do. I should be getting the 200 shot jets this week I'll have them in this weekend have to pull intake off to jet up :(

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

thats a TON of bottle pressure....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I tried 900-950 but it seemed a bit fat once I turned up the pressure it felt like a different car
should have just pulled some jet out of the fuel side...

your getting up kinda close to the burst disk pressure rating at that point

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
should have just pulled some jet out of the fuel side...

your getting up kinda close to the burst disk pressure rating at that point
Thanks I didn't know that! Hmm what if I just jetted up on the nitrous side? I've never liked the idea of pulling fuel from fuel jet . Could I do that then bump up fuel pressure to be safe and adjust it from there?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
pulling fuel jet then adding fuel pressure wouldnt fix the issue...
when you throw tons of bottle pressure at it your just throwing more nitrous to it. you can lean out the fuel side and keep the nitrous PPH the same or leave the fuel side alone and add some jet on the nitrous side

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
pulling fuel jet then adding fuel pressure wouldnt fix the issue...
when you throw tons of bottle pressure at it your just throwing more nitrous to it. you can lean out the fuel side and keep the nitrous PPH the same or leave the fuel side alone and add some jet on the nitrous side
Yes that's what I'd like to do add nitrous keep fuel same just add psi

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Yes that's what I'd like to do add nitrous keep fuel same just add psi
just remember when you keep adding nitrous... you also keep adding power

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
this is why when i get jets for a different power level, i usually get the nitrous jet for the power i want, then get the base fuel jet and at least one step on either side (i prefer two).

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
this is why when i get jets for a different power level, i usually get the nitrous jet for the power i want, then get the base fuel jet and at least one step on either side (i prefer two).
bingo! thats why we have carried so many damn nitrous jets with us when we ran the nitrous car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
How big of a change would it be to go from a lets say 40 to a 41 on the nitrous side if everything else is un changed?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
about 81 PPH

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Is pph pounds per hour?
Looks like this kit is set up to be real rich a 200 shot is 45n and 30f times two if course
On a calculator for a 100 shot it comes out to be 47n 28f

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Is pph pounds per hour?
Looks like this kit is set up to be real rich a 200 shot is 45n and 30f times two if course
On a calculator for a 100 shot it comes out to be 47n 28f
yes PPH= pound per hour

big difference in the jet spreads between those 2 with a 15 and 19 spread. those 28's are prob closer to where you need to be.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I tried 900-950 but it seemed a bit fat once I turned up the pressure it felt like a different car
900-950 is the best bottle pressure to tune to, a full bottle will maintain pressure longer. be careful using nitrous calculators since they arent typically specific to your injection medium (many different plates, nozzles, ect), just use them for a baseline and tune from there. i like robie the robot.
you can put your bottle, fuel pressure and how many injection points in and it spits out jet sizing...
Nitrous Oxide fuel Jet size and HP Calculator nos n2o

maintaining bottle pressure is easy with the bottle heater setup DynoTune has... it has a pressure transducer that reads the pressure and cycles the heater as needed to whatever pressure you want (its adjustable).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Awesome info guys! I really appreciate it!

The plan for now is to go 200 (45n-30f)with a fresh set of plugs at 950 psi read them and see if theyre rich or not I'll post a pic of them I may go with a non projected tipped plug if I can find one for Winsdor sr heads on such short notice

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Awesome info guys! I really appreciate it!

The plan for now is to go 200 (45n-30f)with a fresh set of plugs at 950 psi read them and see if theyre rich or not I'll post a pic of them I may go with a non projected tipped plug if I can find one for Winsdor sr heads on such short notice
i checked the plug sticky, thought there was a chart for them, but i didnt see it. i NEVER use a projected tip plug with any poweradder, always recessed tip.

EDIT: i found this...
World Products Windsor Sr. 5.0 Ford Cast Iron Cylinder Heads - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
which led me to think i would try these, since i prefer NGK's...
NGK Racing 2817 - Racing Spark Plug | O'Reilly Auto Parts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i checked the plug sticky, thought there was a chart for them, but i didnt see it. i NEVER use a projected tip plug with any poweradder, always recessed tip.

EDIT: i found this...
World Products Windsor Sr. 5.0 Ford Cast Iron Cylinder Heads - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
which led me to think i would try these, since i prefer NGK's...
NGK Racing 2817 - Racing Spark Plug | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Haha awesome man! I got to thinking and and couldn't find a solid match the closest I came up with is the ngk ur6 and autolit a 23
The plugs I have now are longer 3923 I believe I need a reach of .460. What do you think I should go with? For that 200 ? Thanks again guys y'all have been tons of help!!!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts