Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to the forum and a very quick question.

traded my 2012 gt in for a 2011 gt500

just ordered a : JLT CAI---VMP 2.50 PULLEY W/90MM IDLER AND A BAMA TUNE

just wondering if this is a good direction to start to get a little more power out of the stock blower

i did do longtubes on my gt but do i really need to do this on the gt500
thxs in advance

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
On a 2013-2014 with the bigger blower &5.8L the pulley/tune/CAI route is well worth it; over 680rwhp in last month's MM&FF. In our older 5.4's with the 2.0L blower not so much I find; I was going that route when I bought my used '08GT500 4 yrs. ago, sold the parts and put towards a VMP 750hp kit. Wanted 600rwhp instead of 600 at the crank and that's what I got; more money but not much more labor except an extra hour or so to swap blowers. I still have the stock exhaust except the mufflers. Car runs even better than stock,get the same MPG unless you mash the go-pedal and produces 12.2psi boost at 1500rpm and 18.1 max boost; runs like a dream and will drift with trac-control ON 1-2-3! I was afraid I'd regret and end up going the aftermarket blower route after doing the stock blower/puller/tune. VMP now has a GenII kit that put out even more hp.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an 09 GT500 5.4 swap in my GT. Long tubes and high flow cats. John Lund tune is 568rwhp 560 tq with the same pulley and intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts