Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Griggs Tork arm and I'm switching from the T-5 Tranny to a new TKO 600. I am have a problem with the bolt on the rubber subber hits the drive shaft. I put a smaller drive shaft a 3" and it's still to close. I even took off about 3/16" off the subber but still is close. Griggs installed it with the T-5 trans but it seems to be alot different with the Termec TKO 600 Can any body help Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Not sure what the Griggs looks like.
I run a MM torque arm and panhard bar.
When I went from a T-5 to a Viper spec T-56. I didn't have any issue's.
Can you flip the torque arms cross-member pivot point to the bottom?
Or will that be too close to the road?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
i had to cut the bolt and shave the upper bushing to make it work, i only have about an 1/8" clearance between that bolt and the driveshaft now but in full rear travel it doesnt hit. so you dont need much space.

adam

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cosmoracer said:
The transmission isn't spaced properly. TKOs need a 1/2" spacer on the tranny mount to keep the driveline angle correct.
I checked my angle It's correct and the subber bolt is about 1/4" from the drive shaft. If I put a half inch spacer won't that make the angle off?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
1/4" is enough clearance. i only have an 1/8'

adam

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you checked it and it's okay, then obviously don't use the spacer. I have had to use one in the past. Griggs will tell you that 1/4" is enough clearance.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
well, lower and raise the rear end and if it hits you need to adjust. since its hitting, which is kinda wierd because mine with 1/8" clears, you need to adjust some more. i had to cut the bolt to make mine clear

adam

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine hits with a stock T5 if I allow the rear axle to hang down. I've never had a problem with 6 years of street driving. But then again I've never caught air either. The wheel gap is about 10" at full hang, so its not likely to happen often in normal (street, track, etc.) driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts