Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to finish off my exhaust on my car...bought a full bassani exhaust made for a Maximum setup with specific tailpipes but they don't fit...from what I remember, is it dynomax or flowmaster tailpipes that work with Griggs rear suspension/pan hard bars...?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Stock tail pipes work with my modified adjustable Griggs PHB (the modification is that the forward-brace on the driver's-side chassis-side mount was removed). Without removing that brace, no tail pipe would fit. The brace is included on the adjustable/heavy duty unit; I do not believe it is included on the other version.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Audraco, I believe I have the older version with mount on the drivers side and that's where I'm running into issues....I thought I heard long time ago from Griggs that u new custom tailpipes are dynomax ones cleared all the suspension...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If you have the forward brace on the d/s chassis mount, I can't imagine anything fitting through there. However, it has been many years since I reviewed that for fitment.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is considered the forward brace...? I only have one brace that holds the pan hard bar across to the passenger side...the brace is near the rear drivers shock and gas tank

·
Registered
378 Posts
I started with a Borla and purchased two stainless 180* bends and modified it to fit. I cut the tube at the top of the hump over the axle and rotated it to the angle I needed to squeeze between the shock and panhard mounts. Then had to use pieces from the 180* section to snake around the tire and tank. It may not be the best flowing design, but it's not a race car. It's a toy and I wanted the exhaust out the back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justfloatn, that's pretty much my suspension setup, just need to figure out the tailpipes...your exhaust setup gave me a few ideas...the bassani setup I have has really nice tailpipes and I'd like to use them but the 180 over the axle is giving me problems hitting the phb mount....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts