Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are into road racing, be sure to tune into Speed Channel tomorrow/Saturday at 12:00 Noon for the GRAND-AM Rolex Series race from Homestead-Miami Speedway!!

We are excited to be working with the TPN Racing / Black Forest team who runs a Ford Mustang Boss302 in the Rolex series, as well as a Dodge Challenger in the Continental Tire Series.

Here are some pics of the Mustang from the track today.

Here is a pic of both cars prior to transport to the track earlier this week.

The Rolex race is being shown LIVE on SPEED channel at 12:00p Saturday (March 5), so be sure to tune in to see the TPN Mustang Boss302 race! If you are near South Florida, come on out and support the team at the race! The TPN Black Forest Mustang is #11 and driven by Tom Nastasi and Ian James.

TPN Racing Black Forest is based in Deland, FL and you can visit their very informative web site for lots more about the team, cars and races! TPN Racing Blackforest Team Site

Speedlogix
(formerly named BMC Performance)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Curious what they do with the rear suspension. I see the rear wheels look pretty wide and are nicely tucked inside the well. Possible with stock mustang?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Curious what they do with the rear suspension. I see the rear wheels look pretty wide and are nicely tucked inside the well. Possible with stock mustang?

Im sure the OP can give a little more insight but I belive the car is a Prep 2 car which means its essentially a tube frame chassis. So they can put the suspension mounting points where ever they feel, as well as they can extend the wheel arches 2 inches to fit the maximum allowed tire width which is a 325x18.

To the OP,
I watched the race on tv and I saw the car a few times but it was just while they were covering the DP's. I was watching the leader boards across the top of the screen and saw you move up a couple from your starting position, then I noticed you were dead last. What happened?

Its nice to see a mustang finally in the GT class.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got to meet one of their drivers and a friend knows one of their sponcers, I believe the diff was not working properly before the race and durring the race the tranny quit on them as well.
Not a good weekend for them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
oh. well thats racing I guess. I wish them the best and hope to see them running at the front soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for tuning in! They do cover the GP cars mostly, it seems on TV. The car did develop a rear-end issue but what caused the trouble during the race was an issue with the shifter. The team is doing great overall though since this is a new 2011 car and the only Mustang in GT.

It is a Prep2 with custom suspension. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts