Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of used PI heads a while ago. They are off a 2000
F-150. I noticed the cam sprokets are bolt on. Does this pose a problem? Will the F-150 cams work alright? I mean will the timing marks be the same? Any ideas welcome. Should I get them reground? If I do get them reground should I get springs too? Thanks. The car will pretty much be a street car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was told by my local Ford dealer that the GT heads and the F-150 heads are exactly the same including the cams. I haven't checked into it anymore than that though.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
the heads are the same but the cams and springs are smaller alot smaller. i ran the f-150 cams and springs in mine for awhile. the timing marks are the same.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am runnin some out of an F-250 I will be changing cams soon though seems to be runnin good. would have changed cams right away but ran out of money

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. So the F series cams and valve train are not as "radical" the Mustangs? And did you guys use your old cam sprokets? Thanks

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
this came directly from FMS tech..."all PI heads and cams are exactly the same, whether they came off a truck or mustang." so i tend to believe these guys. also, i have compared cast numbers off my 00GT cams with a friend's cams from a truck....same number. just my .02.

but yes, get them reground and get the spring upgrade. call DTA racing and talk to shannan. (832-556-0441) he can get the best deal, guaranteed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts