Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a t trim blower with new bearings, seals and billet impeller.
The buyer claims he used car for a couple of days and says the blower seized.
I told him if he checked the oil feed line before he installed it, and was pretty vague.
Well he filed a dispute with PayPal and got his money back. I called PayPal and they told me to wait for the return of blower.
Then I can call them and escalate the dispute. Which I did. PayPal reversed the refund and payed me back.
They found sufficient evidence to support my findings of no oil lubrication or not enough. Buyer should have flushed the oil line, changed to new oil and checked return flow. Here are the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean? The first second third pic show the balls from the impeller bearing dry seized, then how impeller crashed into volute wall.
This is how we received the unit. The oil was semi black.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes for $2000 vortech can rebuild it, new gears, bearings, impeller, volute, basically a rebuilt Ti trim

·
Twin Screw
1,198 Posts
Looks like basically no oil was in that unit. Maybe he thought it was a sealed unit. Is this a Fox unit? This doesnt even seem fair to the seller. You got your money back but who has the head unit? Who is this dishonest person who tried to screw you? Motor probably ate some of that impeller metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts