Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I should get it in the next couple days or so. What is the install like? Can I do it with a normal ratchet set? Can I get a rundown of the steps involved so I don't make ten trips back to the tool shop? How do I tell when my timing is set right and what timing are most people running on n/a 98Gt's? Thanks for any replies. Later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey dude my timing adjuster is by steeda so I'm not sure about the intall. If its anything like steeda's, it was fairly easy. As far as the setting mine is at 14 degrees. From what I've been reading most people are at 14 degrees but every setup can be different. The safe bet is to make an appointment for a dyno tune session. I did 6 pulls on the dyno bumping it up 1 degree at a time. It only takes but a few seconds to adjust in between pulls and it allowed me to find my max gains.

Hope this helped some

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow man its been so long, hum. Are you changing pullies as well? Assuming its like steeda's, the gear bolts right on the crank pullie. From what I remember, relocating the sensor for the adjuster bracket took a few minutes because I had to loosen up the compressor to make room for the sensor so the bracket and sensor could mount properly. I'll look for my directions, if I find them I'll scan them and e-mail them to you.

Sorry but its been a while

Anyone else?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Couldn't resist. Sorry.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12197

98Roush 11/29/01 said:
Sorry, I don't have the time to search through every thread in this place. I have a life, unlike your sorry azz. I like to ask the question and get an answer....its too bad that CORRAL has too many of you under-age morons answering questions that they only know about because they spend countless hours spanking their monkeys to CORRAL threads which are written by more morons like yourself. Later dork!

FWIW: I'm a 35 husband and father of two who has done everything on his car himself except weld the sub frames.

cheers
Marty... the dork:rolleyes:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, sorry marty the dork. Sometimes i get yelled at on these things for posting info and that day I decided to fight back. Haha, sorry, didn't mean any harm. peace out.:evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts