Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things look really cool. They are the ceramic coated ones and i got them for 250 bucks, so i couldn't pass this deal up since i am doing the headswap soon (just waiting for those heads, SD!)

What are those bolts for at the top of the headers? and what about the driverside one, there is a hole down at the collector end(is this for a sensor??)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Man, I don't know what that crazy stuff at the top is for? Maybe they are bungs for EGT thermocouples?

The lower bung is for the EGR tube hookup. Here is a pic of mine for comparison:

·
Registered
633 Posts
The ones that I had looked just like Garrett's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought those were some sort of smog hookup that only cobra's had. Mine had them too. Just make sure the bolt is on tight. You don't want it coming off.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
97MattGT said:
These things look really cool. They are the ceramic coated ones and i got them for 250 bucks, so i couldn't pass this deal up since i am doing the headswap soon (just waiting for those heads, SD!)

What are those bolts for at the top of the headers? and what about the driverside one, there is a hole down at the collector end(is this for a sensor??)

These headers are made for the cobra's.GT headers dont have the holes on the end.And the hole near the collector is for your emmissions on the gt.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Got my FRPP headers in mail, have a question. (pic inside)

white99gt said:

These headers are made for the cobra's.GT headers dont have the holes on the end.And the hole near the collector is for your emmissions on the gt.

will they work on my GT? if not i am going to be really pissed, cuz i bought them off a guy who posts in the corral, and he told me these were for 96-98 gt's and he originally bought them for his 98 gt and then decided on long tubes instead!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Um No

white99gt said:

Cobra exhaust ports are Oval, where as GT Exhaust ports are round.
I Think ford puts them on there so they are more of a universal 4.6 SOHC Header and not just Mustang Specific :)

Just Make sure they are Capped off tight and put them on :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
those 2 bungs on the primaries are for cali emissions... so if you have a smog pump thts where you hook it up and if you don't then go to a hardware store in the pulumbing section and get 2 copper caps... just take one header in with you to get the right size

·
Registered
317 Posts
I didn't have those at the top of mine. Never really seen that before:confused: I got the jet hot on mine, really like them. Kinda wish I went w/ L.T.'s though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Matt, you might want to give a call on Monday to the guys at the FRPP hotline. I've always found them to be very helpful. Also, they should be able to fax you a copy of the installation instructions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found out the studs that mount into the headers didnt match up to the flange on my Bassani X pipe. The studs were about 1/4 inch to wide compared to the holes in the flange. I had to use a grinder and notch to flange holes all the way to the edge to get it to slide on. I was wondering if that is an error or thats the way they are...........

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlownupYellow99 said:
I found out the studs that mount into the headers didnt match up to the flange on my Bassani X pipe. The studs were about 1/4 inch to wide compared to the holes in the flange. I had to use a grinder and notch to flange holes all the way to the edge to get it to slide on. I was wondering if that is an error or thats the way they are...........
That's the way they are. They are for '96-'98 SOHC cars. The '99 cars can use them if you modify the flange holes, like you found you had to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts