Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
did you ever dyno before the turbo? I would have expected more HP with 12lbs turbo.
I'm running a s trim with 12psi on a gt40 top end also. I made 290 NA, haven't been back since blower. I'm hoping for mid 400's. If not I'm going to need a new pulley

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never did dyno all motor. I'm happy with that power and torque from a. 62 mm

·
Registered
203 Posts
done much street driving yet, How is your part throttle acceleration? do you build any boost? I find with my s trim not much going on at part throttle.. When I go WOT I realize I need drag radials.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drives real smooth with my cutoff closed drives and sounds like a stock mustang. Just cruising no boost but it spools very fast after 3k right around 3 its starting to make a f pound or 2

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Really my cars spools very fast...i see boost coming in around 2500 could have as much as 10 psi around 4-4500 then it keeps climbing to 14 psi from there...if im driving say around 25 mph lean in to boost is in fast car just pulls very hard...When i was supercharged seemed like it had to be way up in the upper RPM to start pulling....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have a crappy crossover pipe which I know is killing me. Thinking of starting a new thread. the smoking is bad, when its cold it takes a bit to start smoking. there's no smoking coming out of my dip stick it smokes at idle and when slowing down in gear pcv seems good I'm thinking valve seals or Turbo any input guys?

·
Registered
582 Posts
after i did 10 dyno pulls last year my car started smoking like crazy... i tore everything apart to figure it out and after weeks and weeks i come to find out i blew the intake gasket out and was sucking oil into the motor burning it.

maybe you might wanna check your intake gasket...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do thank you. Maybe ill get on it today

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found this in my d/p having my turbo rebuilt

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
turbo is dead just ordered a 72mm :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Garrett 72 102 locally from a shop called late model oil and water cooled its brand new but there doing some work on it for me

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow your hp levels sound similar to mine. What turbo kit are you running? What fuel are you using? My car made 420rwhp and 498ftlbs on 11psi 93 Octane. Im using the boost brothers turbo kit and a t67 turbo. DSS 331 stroker, tirckflow heads and cam, and cobra upper and lower. I believe my car should be putting out alot more but my dyno pulls were made in 105+ degree, high humidity weather.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my kit is a diy kit. 93 octane 340 intake and 42 pound injectors. I believe you should be making a lot more as well. I know the heat kills my cars performance luckily we had nice weather here when I had it dynoed I'm thinking if my turbo was running with good efficiency it would have made more the the compressor wheel was touching the housing, the shaft was gone, the backplate was also rubbing pretty badly. What kind of turbo are you running at what timing?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I'd put a vband connection on that downpipe if it were me. Just a suggestion. Never messed with a bolt together setup like that befor.

·
This space for rent
6,727 Posts
Wow your hp levels sound similar to mine. What turbo kit are you running? What fuel are you using? My car made 420rwhp and 498ftlbs on 11psi 93 Octane. Im using the boost brothers turbo kit and a t67 turbo. DSS 331 stroker, tirckflow heads and cam, and cobra upper and lower. I believe my car should be putting out alot more but my dyno pulls were made in 105+ degree, high humidity weather.
Sounds way underpowered. I thought when you had an intercooler ambient temps didn't matter much. I wonder how much total timing you're running.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it seals fine but it is a pain I think there throwing a v band in for me with the new but I'm unsure I think my exhaust housing is the same as the broken turbo so if not I'll just switch them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts