Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a t70 kit and the guy has been running 42 lb injectors on his 302 with stock inturnuls. now my question is what will i have to chang if anything on my 302 based 342 i have a 255 fule pump in tank and my inturnles are forged so just help me out guys i am new to the turbo seen and will most likley need more help in the future. thanks in advance.

jason

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'm running a completely stock motor with stock hypers(not forged) and I'm fine.

If anything besides the kit and turbo you need:
MAF calibrated for any injectors your getting. (42lbs are fine, you can get bigger if you wish)
255lph Pump
Colder Plugs
FPR
Check out your PCV system (You don't want to push boost in there)
Ultra Copper RTV (you don't use gaskets only RTV for header flanges and turbo)
Tap oil pan for oil drain, Set up oil feed from pressure sender

Optional:
Wideband (keep your AFRs in check)
MSD box (I don't have one but it helps)
Tune (It is highly recommended but not vital)
Boost controller (self explanatory)
Beef up your cooling system (Alum Rad, Elec Fan)
Exhaust (I'm running open downpipe..its starting to get annoying)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sounds good to me but i am getting everything from him from head to toe and i have been told by some other people that i will have to get bigger injectors 62s and upgrade my fuel system and i just dont want to get in over my head in this thing that is why i want to get an idea on what i need to do or get for it

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Stock block? If so, 42lb are good enough to produce enough power to crack your block in two. Of course, if you have plans for the future (going big) you can buy bigger injectors. I have 50lbs mainly because I found them inexpensive. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Stock block? If so, 42lb are good enough to produce enough power to crack your block in two. Of course, if you have plans for the future (going big) you can buy bigger injectors. I have 50lbs mainly because I found them inexpensive. :)
+1

I will add though you may have to find a different wastegate spring to drop the boost levels under 8psi (4-5psi range) if you have a decent set of heads. The reason being is that you’re going to need to limit your boost to keep your power levels in check for those injectors (and block longevity if stock). If you plan on running the stock wastegate spring that comes with the kit (likely 8psi +), than yes…you will likely need bigger injectors (and an engine diaper to keep the fluids in when it lets go).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts