Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to buy my own button for this? I didn't see where one came from and was wondering if anybody else's kit came with one. I bought the kit @ the NMRA show today (great stuff out there) and got a really good deal so I couldn't pass it up. I was also wondering if anybody has wired their reverse lights into the reverse silanoid so you don't have to engage the button to back up? They said it is a trick if the button gets old.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yes, you need to furnish your own switch. I wired mine into the OD Cancel switch and moved feature to another button. This way I can reverse and use the TB with one hand instead of putting it in R and then fumbling around looking for another switch, and also the same for the transbrake hit the od button on the shifter and shift like normal instead of holding a button somewhere else and then quickly grabbing the shifter. Works well this way.

James

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hehe

What happens if your bud takes the car out for a spin and doesn't realize it's a transbrake button and turns your OD "off" at 60 MPH? :) What's up James.. I should have the auto in the car and the TCS hooked up sometime next week. I just sent the 3 harnesses to Baumann so they could wire it up for me :) (manual harness, auto harness, TCS harness). They said then I could just plug it in, hookup a couple wires and be good to go.. whew!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, good idea on using the OD button as the transbrake button. I'll see if my friend can do that for me or if he can just wire the reverse lights into the reverse silanoid so I don't have to worry with the button crap at all.

mine cost me $400 but I got a deal b/c it was bought from the NMRA show.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They sell both. The guy i talked with had no idea wtf he was talking about and was new. I got the automatic valve body with transbrake :evil:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
rancid said:
Do I need to buy my own button for this? I didn't see where one came from and was wondering if anybody else's kit came with one. I bought the kit @ the NMRA show today (great stuff out there) and got a really good deal so I couldn't pass it up. I was also wondering if anybody has wired their reverse lights into the reverse silanoid so you don't have to engage the button to back up? They said it is a trick if the button gets old.

Thanks guys.
I Told Ya You would End up Getting the Transbrake :D:D

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys, will a flick switch work? like can it be an actual SWITCH or must it be a BUTTON that has to be held in? Not quite sure how this transbrake works.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
rancid, I could be wrong but the only buttons I have seen being sold for transbrakes are push button style (momentary contact), usually they are corded so you can strech them out to where you would like to hold it.

Both summit and jegs carry them.
Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are correct, island pm'd me and took care of all my buttons issues :cool: Gonna pick up a button today from radio shack and get it to my tuner. Decides to drill a hole in the shifter console like a 94-96 GT and re-locate my O/D button there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts