Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a 99 Saleen explorer. The good thing about it is its supercharged bad thing is its a powerdyne. I had it 3 days and already broke the belt from playing to much. From what I can tell only they made around 125 of them and only 25 came supercharged. They added 4.10 gears, headers, bigger Flowmaster exhaust, transmission been built and shift kit, 75mm tb, air to water intercooler, and 2.75 charger pulley, 18in wheels with 295 40 18s out back. I was really surprised at the power it makes. It's been dynoed at 275rwhp and 330rwtq, not bad for a family car. Of course I will have to see what it runs at the track. Won't be anything crazy fast just curious to know. More pics to come also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if it's a collector's item or not. I've only seen them on Google never seen one in person. I had a 96 explorer years ago and I got the wife a 07 explorer limited with the 4.6 3v in it. This one has way more power than that one has. I hope one day it'll be a collector and worth a lot.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Those are pretty sweet and yours is very clean! Congrats on the score! That A/W intercooler couldn't have come from saleen though...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct the a/w intercooler didn't come with it from saleen. I'm not sure if it's really needed on a powerdyne though. Looks cool I guess. They kept ever receipt from everything they had done to the truck. Everything is in a big binder and maybe I'll add to it with stuff I do to it.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,737 Posts
I've got a 2000 Mountaineer 5.0L AWD and I have to say, it's a great truck. It makes a surprising amount of power, they must've underrated the power output for these vehicles from the factory because there's no way it's only generating 215 hp. Very solid drivetrain with the last gen 5.0L V8 with EDIS8 and EEC-V control, upgraded induction, 4R transmission is really stout (shift kit really helps longevity), and 31-spline LSD diff out back with 4-wheel discs on all corners. I use the crap out of mine regularly (daily drive it), very nice truck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree the power will surprise you!! I love it so far and have always been a fan of the explorers and love the 5.0 pushrod motors. One day I would like to put some aluminum heads on it. Might do some 1.72 rocker arms soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts