Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good street engine displacement for a motor with a turbo for a street/daily driver? I was told that it is better to go to a smaller displ. with a turbo set up than it was to go with a bigger displ. Is this true? I was told this because, with a turbo, it puts out torque like it had a bigger displacement and that with more cubes it would just be wasted power because of the added torque. Now I know some setups would just create the "wow" factor, but I've seen pretty decent numbers from stock 302s with a single or twin setup. So if any of you with different size motors with either single or twin turbos that your car is mainly street driven chime in.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I run a 306 (9:1), JYTT set-up, Daily driver makes great power! I really don't see the need to go stroker with all the torque turbos make;)

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you give specifics on you JYTT set up, mainly, your turbos and exhaust headers?

·
Registered
606 Posts
my twin turbo car is street driven with an ITS stage II twin kit. it is a stock shortblock with box stock tfs heads and intake, etc. it is EXTREMELY streetable and runs on pump gas...makes 530RWHP and 537RWTQ. I wouldn't mind a stroker motor but I would only do that while swapping to a good block and good rotating assembly. for now, i'm very pleased with my numbers from a stock shortblock mustang with 90,000 miles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
331 c.i., and twins here.

·
Registered
714 Posts
look at it this way..
a larger motor will usualy require lower boost to make a given horsepower level and also allow for a larger turbo for any given amount of boost lag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts