Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing install an Incon TT 800 on my 91. Engine is stock, has 89k, going to install cobra intake. Hope it goes smooth, first time doing this. Also a friend is helping me install the cobra brake conversion kit. Wife thinks is too much money for and older car. She'll change her mind once its done.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Make sure you install new motor and trans mounts if you havent already

Where'd you find an old Incon kit ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found them here, they are used but in good shape with notchplate and all. Was going to get a vecco kit but had bad refrences.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get urethane motor mounts. I've got an 800tti kit in a 91 vert also, sink that #### suckin plate as far into the frame/tower as you can and buy the urethane mounts. sucks when the pass side manifold hits every time the motor torques under load.

Also get used to pulling that motor in and out especially if this is your first turbo setup, my car is super driveable and super reliable and really f'in fast...after three years and R&R'ing the motor countless times.

Lastly get a tune before you make boost, mine took out the headgaskets the first time I made boost...had to pull the motor the same day I got it in!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get urethane motor mounts. I've got an 800tti kit in a 91 vert also, sink that #### suckin plate as far into the frame/tower as you can and buy the urethane mounts. sucks when the pass side manifold hits every time the motor torques under load.

Also get used to pulling that motor in and out especially if this is your first turbo setup, my car is super driveable and super reliable and really f'in fast...after three years and R&R'ing the motor countless times.

Lastly get a tune before you make boost, mine took out the headgaskets the first time I made boost...had to pull the motor the same day I got it in!
I appreciate the tips. Did you do any re enforcing or suspension mods?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I appreciate the tips. Did you do any re enforcing or suspension mods?
MM Full length subframes installed with car on the frame rack, tokico blue's all the way around with eibach pro kit springs. Has all the basics, rod ends, CC plates, SN95 spindles etc. Still is factory K-member, I offset some of the weight of the turbo setup/aftermarket block with some aluminum heads but still have ALL of the accessories and the car runs and drives perfect every single day- it's on a street tune and makes 540/560 to the tire but has been 650/660 with the boost dialed up. Either way the car is as quiet as stock and drives like it to until you decide to get nasty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What boost gauge are you running? Mechanical guage? I'm fixing to start this weekend, just want to have some of the things together.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
How is your project coming along?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
The incon kit is sweet.
Post up some pictures!
You may want to put some ARP studs for the heads.
Erich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts