Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals, here's the story...

My previous plans when I had my 363ci built was to reuse my s-trim blower but upgrade it to a si-trim then later buy a ysi-trim. Well I decided to go turbo and sold my blower. Now I have a low compression 363ci built for boost with a blower cam and a 4600 stall converter in the C4. Now that I am set on the turbo, I have questions on things that I need to change. First the cam, I am going with a custom cam, but need input on hydro roller or solid roller? Second, the converter stall, I was looking at a 3600 stall turbo converter? Third, injectors and fuel pumps, I was thinking 60's but probably will go 80's because I am looking to make 650rwhp. Also thinking of going with dual 255 walbro or dual bosch 044 pumps? Forth, was looking at the On3 turbo kit with the upgraded 76mm turbo which should meet my 650rwhp goal. Please any advice on my choices or if I missed something. I will be starting the turbo install in about 3 weeks from now, so I need to start ordering parts! Thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
1. call whoever you plan on making the cam and get their input for your goals
2. 3600 should be ok but depends on what converter. C4s dont like the heat in a turbo setup, make sure you have a huge cooler
3. either pumps will work. Id go with the 80s to have a lil room to grow
4. On3 is hard to beat for the money. There are some people that have had issues but On3 has made changes to fix them.

any plans on changing the gears or who is gonna tune the car?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking on going with a 3.31 gear and see how that goes. I already have a trans cooler with fan and it kept the fluid temp in check with my 4600 stall nonlockup converter. Think Im gonna stay with a hydraulic roller cam because I already have lunati lsx .660 lift valve springs from Ed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dont worry about not getting to your goal of 650rw. I got to 555rw on 12 psi on a low compression built 306 On3 70mm with 60lb'ers and an Aeromotive 340lph. On 12+psi you should see north of 700 with a good tuner. Yes on the 80's and give On3 a shot if you are wanting to budget build. Obviously there are higher quality kits for much more $ or you wouldn't be asking this question. Enjoy!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont worry about not getting to your goal of 650rw. I got to 555rw on 12 psi on a low compression built 306 On3 70mm with 60lb'ers and an Aeromotive 340lph. On 12+psi you should see north of 700 with a good tuner. Yes on the 80's and give On3 a shot if you are wanting to budget build. Obviously there are higher quality kits for much more $ or you wouldn't be asking this question. Enjoy!
You are making some good numbers with your combo. Will their standard 76mm turbo get me to 650rw or will I have to go with the 76mm cBB?

·
Registered
351 Posts
heck that should be no problem making the power you want. Mind made 541 rwhp at 12 lbs with a 340 intake and 60's with gt 40s, and a mp70

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be going with the On3 76mm turbo and changing to a 3.31 gear. What is the average cost to restall a converter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts