Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search sucks so I can't bring up the old thread...

The team has a MySpace Page (like every other friggen organization out there, looks like every team has one). I was reading the bulletin and the blog to see what was going on. I shot the coach an email basically letting him know that I'd missed tryouts this year, but I was going to try out next year and what I should expect with practices etc.

He told me it's not too late for this season; show up to practice at 9am on Sunday morning. :lol: Either the team is really hurting for players (most likely :lol: ), he read my e-mail and thought "man this guy is badass, I want him on my team", or maybe he saw my pic from high school and said "this is the guy I want!" (highly doubtful :blam: ).

I'm pretty excited; except I wanted to train first; but I have until March to get into the best shape that I can get into. Going to buy a weight set off of Craigslist, pretty cheap on there. Probably pick up some cleats tomorrow.

I don't know if he's just going to have me come out there to try out or what; I'll keep ya posted.

God I can't wait to ####ing hit somebody again.

Obligatory picture. :hammer:

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen this somewhere before...

I picked up cleats and gloves today. :D

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
BUNDY!!!!!!!

Good luck with it, and I say go for it. I would definitely go back to playing if I could find the time!

In most all of these leagues, players come and go, quit all throughout the season, and there are always people joining throughout the season. It's just the way the cookie crumbles! (especially when you consider the demographic of players)

But did you really send him a high school football picture? :lol:

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I didn't send him that pic! :lol: :lol:

I got black cleats. I hate white ones. :D

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha good catch. Tomorrow is the day...I'm feeling a little anxious! We'll see what it brings. I really just wish I'd take a dump already, I don't want to be carrying this around with me all morning. :mad:

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4.9 40 and a 4.5 20-yard shuttle. Didn't do much else but watch since I didn't have pads. Going to buy some gear today, show up for a couple practices, there's a scrimmage in a week or two, and I guess cuts are after that.

We shall see. If I get cut I'm not really worried about it, since I really had no intentions of playing this year anyways. I know that I need a lot of work, so whatever. Next yr is when I'll care. Either way I'll be working on my conditioning/strength/agility starting now.

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
4.9 40 is nothing to sneeze at. And you were probably no where near the shape you'll be in next year.

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For real? I thought low 4.0s was good. You're right though I am in NOWHERE near the shape that I should be in. This is all assuming he's accurate with the watch too; but it should be pretty close. I don't know when the last time I sprinted from a stop was...haven't had to in 10 years. :lol:

·
Banned
809 Posts
anything he can so he can get away with patting a grown man on the ass prefaced with "good game".

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
anything he can so he can get away with patting a grown man on the ass prefaced with "good game".
:lol:

The pro's do anywhere from a 4.3 to a 5.0 40yd depending on position played. You should be able to cut that 4.9 down to a 4.6-4.7 or so.

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I need a lot of work. Thanks though man! I guess it's a decent starting point. I finished buying gear today. Maybe I'll suit up tonight for a pic! :lol:

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: My semi professional football career was short lived.
It did make a good halloween costume for a couple years though.
I guess I should sell the pads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts