Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I have recently finished putting my 88 fox together, and I finally have it running really good, and I am taking it to the track tonight and I wanted to know what you guys (and girls) think I should run so I can tell how good or bad of a driver I am.

here is my set-up: 88 LX hatch, 306 10.4:1 compression, AFR 185's, F-303 cam, porter explorer intake, 65mm Throttle body, BBK cold-air inkate (filter in fender) 75mm mass air sensor, 30lb injectors, long tube headers, off road X, magnaflow catback, Tremec 3550 transmission, 3:73 gears, full interior, stock suspension (a lot of the rubber was replaced with prothane bushings), and street tires.

So anyone want to take a guess as to what I run?

oh, and my sig mentions a 100shot, but I won't be spraying tonight, still want to get a tune burned for it before I spray

·
Registered
286 Posts
First time out with that setup and on set of street tires. I will take a shot and say 12.50's Just a guess I have no idea how much expirience you have racing.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
With a 5spd, stock suspension, and street tires maybe 12's

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have only been to the track one other time in my 03 mach 1 (which dynoed at 300rwhp, 320 tq) and I ran that to a 13.1 at 107, but I am not really familiar with this car yet, and I am just trying to get an idea of what the car should run so I know where I stand as a driver. thanks for the replys... anyone else

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12.50's at around 110. Why such a small intake with good heads and good compression?
one, its my DD and I want to keep the powerband in a lower usable range (I know some would say that the cam doesn't match it) and its basically what I had when the motor went together, I know there are better, and my plans are to upgrade... everyone recommends the RPM2, but I don't want to lose that off the line power I currently have... i might try a track heat later on.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'd say maybe 12's possibly but wheel spin is going to kill you.. and i'd recommend a trickflow track heat intake as well

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I built a similar combo with a RPMII an it was very drivable in a full weight hatch it went 12.40's @ 108 on a set of drag radials. I drove it every day an never really noticed a significant loss in low end tq.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Friday night, it rained so the track wasn't open... hopefully it doesn't rain this wednesday or friday (those are the 2 test and tune days around here)... I will be sure to let everyone know how I did as soon as we have a clear and dry race night (its like 60% chance of rain all week here in central Fl)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts