Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[QUOTE='91 GT]I am switching to MM coil overs. I couldn't care less about ride quality, it's mainly a 'weekend car' so it can ride like a brick on steel wheels for all I care....I'm only concerned with function/performance.

I plan on going with ~450lb front spring.

Which rate(s) 'rear' spring would you guys recommend??

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would call MM for their suggestion. With a 450# front CO I would think you will need something along the lines of a 275# rear CO spring or maybe even more. This is assuming you will use some form of TA or 3L setup. With your standard quadrabind setup you would need a lot less spring. IMHO you would be better off upgrading the rear suspension setup before a simple switch to coil overs in back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What parts do you have/plan for in the back? I think if you go with a 3 link setup in the back you'll want a higher spring rate than if you stay with all four upper and lower control arms.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I am switching to MM coil overs. I couldn't care less about ride quality, it's mainly a 'weekend car' so it can ride like a brick on steel wheels for all I care....I'm only concerned with function/performance.

I plan on going with ~450lb front spring.

Which rate(s) 'rear' spring would you guys recommend??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I would like to go to a TA down the road....but according to MMs chart even the HD TA can't handle my torque levels w/current gearing.....that's the only thing keeping me from going that route. I do think their TA is a bit overpriced for what it is imho.

I do already have the PH bar fwiw. Thanks guys, much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts