Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I hope you get that 6 sec time. what track? mooresville? im finishing up my k member install and putting my et streets on, i hope to get to farmington next weekend with HED in hopes of my first 6 sec 1/8 mile. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks guys, No 6sec pass tonight..

first pass was a foot braked 8 psi 7.53 @ 94mph

second pass was 4-5 psi off the break and boom c4 took a shyt, i just installed it today..This is the 2nd time my builder has done it..The first time it lasted a week..Now i need a new builder..

·
Registered
483 Posts
well thanks guys, No 6sec pass tonight..

first pass was a foot braked 8 psi 7.53 @ 94mph

second pass was 4-5 psi off the break and boom c4 took a shyt, i just installed it today..This is the 2nd time my builder has done it..The first time it lasted a week..Now i need a new builder..

DAM, well 7.53 is not bad at all. sorry about the tranny. hope u can get it put back together soon.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAM, well 7.53 is not bad at all. sorry about the tranny. hope u can get it put back together soon.
yea this is the 3rd time in 3 months.. It is a pa's baddass c4 just not bought from them, and the guy rebuilding it doesnt have a clue how to get it back right...

·
Registered
483 Posts
yea this is the 3rd time in 3 months.. It is a pa's baddass c4 just not bought from them, and the guy rebuilding it doesnt have a clue how to get it back right...

I got a guy here in winston that knows what he is doing when it comes to c4's. he rebuilt my c4 and its been great i just got the rebuilt kit from pa and he took care of the rest. He builds alot of badass tranny's that take some abuse.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a guy here in winston that knows what he is doing when it comes to c4's. he rebuilt my c4 and its been great i just got the rebuilt kit from pa and he took care of the rest. He builds alot of badass tranny's that take some abuse.
pm me what it cost to have him do it..thanks man

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Bummer, are you running the super comp? Thats what I have going behind my 4v in the notch Im building right now. When I bought it they say they are rated to 1,000

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would take the time to toss that pos C4 in the garbage where it belongs, and set your self up with something better like a t400 or an aod.

·
Registered
939 Posts
:confused: AOD! ditch all of them!go tremac!Ship it here this guy builds em all day long with not really all that high end crap and expence and no problems!My buddy had him build his and he runs mid/high 9's all day no problems!.....oh yeah thats 1320 times not the 8th.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Means you have good parts in that tranny, or did lol. And you're not making John Force horsepower just yet :p I'd call PA about a rebuild, even though it probably won't be the cheapest way.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Cause its expensive. Price a built 4r70w with a good converter and valvebody with a brake.
Who says you need a trans brake :confused:

Local guy here runs 8.80's @160mph without a trans brake and twin GT35R turbos on a pushrod motor. He just footbrakes it and goes! Just gotta know how to tune it....I had Darrin Burch build my 4R75W and Circle D build me a converter and it was a tad cheaper than a built C4 with converter.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts